Site Services Superintendent - Yarwun
Job no: A012478
Work type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
About the role
Orica's Yarwun manufacturing plant in Gladstone is one of the most pivotal operations in the business. The site comprises two major complexes and is one of the world’s largest Industrial Grade Ammonium Nitrate Complex and Sodium Cyanide Plants.
We are currently searching for a talented Site Services Superintendent to join the team at Yarwun reporting to the Maintenance Engineering Manager
This role is pivotal to the Manufacturing Centre to ensure personal and process safety, enable quality product outcomes, improve plant reliability and uptime, and reduce costs.
What you will be doing (although not limited too)
- Ensure that safety, health, and environmental procedures are adhered to by all members of the Site Services team
- In collaboration with the Product Line Teams (both production and maintenance) appropriately prioritise all site services maintenance related notifications in order of safety, environmental, quality and then operational continuity.
- Superintendent and ensure adequate resource availability to execute daily plans
- Work completed meets quality requirements and is executed within the standards provided by the Maintenance Engineering team
- Appropriate and accurate reporting and planning is executed post work completion to update records and outcomes.
- Upon completion of work, handback plant and equipment to the Product Line team in a safe and tidy state and PTW signed off.
- Conduct regular scheduled and unscheduled plant equipment and general inspections and formalise outcomes and actions
- Manage and deliver the site services budget on behalf of the MEM
- Management of Site Services team and their engagement and motivation which includes ensuring their training and development, performance management, reward and recognitions
- Join the Maintenance Superintendents CoP (Community of Practise) with the purpose of collaborating on best practise and the improvement agenda relevant to the position and its requirements.
- Manage the central integrity inspection resources
What you bring
- Operational leadership gained in a related continuous manufacturing environment;
- Engineering Degree or equivalent tertiary qualifications;
- Exposure to continuous manufacturing or a related environment;
- Ability to cope under pressure and deliver on multiple projects and timelines;
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety leadership and driving operational efficiencies;
- Analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to analyse complex sets of information and develop logical and concise conclusions;
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in a global organisation;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend