CDL Class B Driver - Greencastle, PA
Job no: A012457
Work type: Full time
Location: United States
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
To deliver products to shot service and delivery customers, maintain and operate equipment, including MMUs and box trucks. Promote the organization through contact with the customer in a safe, professional and efficient manner.
Safety, Health & Environment, & Sustainability
- Ensure that trucks are fit for use through daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections. Report any deficiencies to the Team Leader.
- Learn and adhere to regulations affecting operations of the trucks and the business.
- Work to identify and eliminate workplace hazards at the site and on the bench.
- Actively participate in safety meetings with the customer and Orica.
- Perform product deliveries- Shot service via MMU or package deliveries via box truck.
- Clean and perform basic preventative maintenance on trucks in order to be fit for service and to maintain a professional look.
- Ensure use of all products is documented properly and communicated to customer and internal personnel.
- Maintain good customer relationship and Orica profitability.
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Class B or A CDL. Tanker and HazMat Endorsements, with an Air Brake restriction removed.
- Minimum 1 year experience driving and/or handling materials, with a strong track record of safety compliance.
- Basic to intermediate mechanical skills is considered a plus.
- Ability to hook/ unhook trailers.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. on a repetitive basis.
- Team player mentality is a must, willingness to travel, if required.
- Good math skills, attention to safety and detail.
- Excellent knowledge of DOT regulations.
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend