Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role A012071 - Inventory Coordinator - Sudbury, ON
The Inventory Coordinator position plays a business critical role between the Commercial and Operations teams and Supply Chain ensuring an optimal supply of Inventory in conjunction with physical inventory controls. The position covers multiple sites based on both geographic and business demands
• Provide daily support to assigned sites to ensure optimal inventory coverage and physical inventory count process and reconciliation.
• Ensure all critical requirements are met that facilitate the Order to Invoicing process.
• Work as a partner with Commercial and Operations to address any improvement opportunities. Act as liaison for Supply Chain and ensure that Trade Working Capital objectives are met.
• Schedule and chair monthly BRR meetings with sites addressing service issues, identifying opportunities and actively managing SLOB inventory.
• Work with Supply Chain Management to ensure policies and procedures are followed and enforced with regards to Inventory Management best practices and License to Operate.
• Participation in, and implementation of, process optimization strategies
• Assist Inventory Management team at implementing strategies to maintain inventory at levels that achieve service level and inventory turnover ratio objectives.
• Oversee regular SLOBS reviews and action with Site Leaders and Commercial.
• Support company-wide Visions and Values
Experience and Qualifications
• BS/ BA degrees or equivalent
• Experience with Hazardous Materials
• 2 years of relevant supply chain experience and or / equivalent education
• Knowledge of Supply Chain technologies including ERP, data warehouse, planning, and logistics
• SAP experience is a plus
• High integrity
• Willingness and ability to travel internationally when or if required.
• Detail oriented
• Working Together, Excellent inter-personal skills
• Excellent time management skills for business critical functions
• Knowledge of and experience in various Microsoft Office products
• Knowledge of electronic mail systems
• Capacity to be work under pressure
• Refined analytical skills including detecting patterns, brainstorming, being observant, interpreting data and integrating information into a theory
• Self-motivated with demonstrated execution competency
Safety, Health & Environment
• Support company-wide Deliver the Promise Goal of Safety, Health & Environment.
• Work in a safe manner and maintain cleanliness of workspace.
• Full environmental compliance.
• Immediately report any accidents, injuries or incidents.
• Typical office work setting.
• Moderate physical stress and occasional long hours.
• Require activities include sitting, walking, reaching, bending, frequent use of hands and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
What we offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages.