Manufacturing Finance Manager, North America – Watkins, CO
Job no: A011913
Work type: Full time
Location: United States
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - Manufacturing Finance Manager, North America – Watkins, CO
Provides leadership to the North America business by managing the financial integrity of the Manufacturing function and delivering accurate timely financial data that allows the business to make better decisions.
What You Can Expect To Do:
• Promotes company-wide and Safety, Health, Environmental, Security initiatives.
• Maintains compliance with Safety Charter and immediate reporting of any accidents, injuries or incidents.
• Participates regularly in safety meetings.
• Partners with the Manufacturing Leaders to develop business strategy, set annual target and budgets
• Provides ongoing visibility into financial results with special emphasis on month end reporting variance analysis.
• Drives performance by setting profit improvement and cost reduction plans to meet or beat targets
• Provides financial leadership in managing EBIT and cash flow targets.
• Champions actions to address performance variations and provide input to the implementation of value adding strategies.
• Develops and deploy financial frameworks and simple measures for tracking results.
• Establishes a culture of high performance by promoting benchmarking and sharing best practices across the region.
• Ensures the budget and target setting process is sound, well developed and implemented in line with the expectations of the business including the long-term strategic goals.
• Establishes and enforce financial processes and metrics aligned with Global standards.
• Establishes and deploy KPIs and reports that provide mid month visibility into cost trends versus targets.
• Provides on-time, accurate business information and analysis for all types of cost reporting which includes reconciliation of hub margins with the central supply organization in Singapore (OIPL), accurate SG&A/Freight rates by product group used in OIPL to Americas transfer prices.
• Provides financial leadership to the Sales & Operations Planning process, in order to ensure linkage between operating plans and financial forecast.
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelors in Accounting or Finance or Engineering required
• MBA in Operations or Finance is nice to have
• Minimum 10 years in a senior financial position
• Proven senior financial management experience in a large multinational, manufacturing organization across multiple geographies
• Strong general management capabilities
• Contracts experience essential
• Some travel required
• Strategic thinking
• Results orientation
• Change leadership
• Commercial focus
• Strategic Influencing skills
• Developing others
What we offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend