Support Engineer - Watkins, CO
Job no: A011801
Work type: Full time
Location: United States
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Orica's BlastIQ system is a suite of software that helps Orica's customers manage complex drilling and blasting operations across a diverse range of environments and cultures.
Do you love helping smart people overcome their technical issues? As a Support Engineer in our Global Technology Group, you will join our collaborative and multi-disciplinary team building and supporting software that customers love to use. Our team members combine their experience in the mining industry with their passion for helping others to build amazing customer experiences.
We are passionate about being a great place to work, so we are always searching for a better way of doing things. We embrace a culture of open and direct feedback. Clear, concise communication with team members, customers and partners is essential to our success. This role is based at our Watkins Technology Centre, Watkins, Colorado.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• You will contribute your domain expertise and customer insight so that together we can build products that provide customer value.
• You will own the experience of your customers and you will have the freedom to make improvements to the way we work. We use automation scripting and analytics to make sure our customer service is always improving.
• You will keep our customers informed and engaged by frequently communicating information about our products by crafting engaging web content and training materials.
• You will teach and mentor new customers on site and remotely during implementations to help them receive value from our products from day one.
• You will take ownership and manage customer issues through to resolution, ensuring they can be productive and effective with our products.
WHAT YOU BRING
• You should have a natural affinity for technology, including strong skills in troubleshooting software and hardware issues. Your analytical and systematic approach to problem solving will allow you to quickly familiarise yourself with new systems and tools;
• A passion for helping people and experience supporting customers is essential;
• Experience leading the development and delivery of training courses will help our customers get the most from our product;
• Demonstration of strong judgment, decision-making, drive and insightful analytic skills; being process oriented but with flexibility to know when the process needs to change or evolve:
• Ability to prioritize work and assess risk, while delivering a high-quality customer experience with an appropriate level of urgency.
• You are team oriented and recognised as always being an engaged, active contributor to projects and embrace working with others to achieve goals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication is vital for this role, fluency in both English and Spanish is highly desirable.
• Degree qualified or related trade qualification desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages.
• Orica is an equal opportunity employer
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend