Blasting Supervisor - Morris, IL
Job no: A012522
Work type: Full time
Location: United States
Experience Level: Manager
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - A012522 - Blasting Supervisor - Morris, IL
Job Purpose - Responsible for the direct management of site blasting personnel along with daily sales representation with customers. Work with the Operations and Service Manager in managing the site’s shot service and equipment including MMUs, pickups, EBS equipment/software and blasting services’ programs. Ensure that the company’s activities are conducted in a safe, professional, and sustainable behaviour on and off customer sites.
- Moderate physical stress and occasional long hours required.
- Primarily office environment with some field work in various types of weather.
- Some projects may require travel outside of regional market area.
- Must be flexible to customer demands including work schedules and dealing with weather changes.
- Aware of work environment, i.e. operation of large haulage vehicles and specialized equipment in and around blast patterns.
- Support our daily efforts across 4 - 8 Sites
Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Blaster License/s as required locally.
- CDL License with Hazmat endorsement.
- Minimum 6 years blasting experience including demonstrated blasting talent in local market area geographic conditions.
- Good knowledge of mining, quarry and construction regulations.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- General knowledge of mechanical equipment.
- Time management skills.
- Proven organizational skills
- Competent Computer skills – MS Word, Excel, email
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend