Trainee – Coniston, ON
Job no: A012464
Work type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - A012464 - Trainee – Coniston, ON
To ensure production occurs on a timely basis following all safety procedures and taking a pro-active teamwork approach focused on coordinating AN prill , Fuel Oil, Dry Goods, & Various Raw Materials. Care and maintenance of the production facility and magazines. Responsibilities also include shipping and receiving as well as product deliveries utilizing commercial delivery vehicles.
- Pre-trip and Post-trip inspection of vehicles including checking and filling fluid levels.
- Ability to maneuver on the road and on customer property in a safe manner.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the inside of Orica vehicles at all times.
- In possession of valid license for vehicle and TDG card.
- Familiar with impact and importance of preventive maintenance on all Orica equipment.
Experience and Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years experience in the related positions.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Knowledge of underground mining methodology. Explosive products and applications for the underground mining industry.
- A valid, applicable, drivers license.
- Computer skills in Lotus Notes, SAP, Microsoft Excel, MS Project.
- Must possess solid communication and presentation skills.
- Have the ability to work as part of a team.
- Capacity to develop strong working relationships with customers.
- Occasional weekends and extended workdays.
- While performing duties of job: frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); Work near moving mechanical parts; Outdoor weather conditions and work with explosives; Occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold (non-weather) and vibration.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 10 to 50 lbs.
- Frequently required to stand, walk and talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Safety Awareness.
- Analytical Thinking.
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization.
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist.
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged.
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth.
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend