Digital Product Lead - Aurora, CO
Job no: A012463
Work type: Full time
Location: United States
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - A012463 - Digital Product Lead - Watkins, CO
BlastIQ is a suite of connected software tools to manage blast design, on-bench execution, and
outcome measurement. BlastIQ Web Portal Streamlines communications, efficiently captures data, and produces reports and analyses with a mouse click. Manage your data and drive better outcomes.
BlastIQ Mobile communicates engineering instructions to the bench, adjusts them to on bench conditions, and captures actuals in real time. See your blast loading as it happens.
ShotPlus Premier Blast Design Software combines site-specific loading rules with real time drilling and rock data to optimize hole-by hole explosives usage. Use the right products in the right way to optimize blast results.
CAPABILITY AND APPLICATION
WORKFLOW AND DATA MANAGEMENT
- Incorporate the best data to optimize shot designs
- Communicate hole-by-hole loading instructions to the bench
- Track on-bench activity to ensure designs are being executed flawlessly
- Consolidate all blast documents and data in one conveniently portal
DATA-DRIVEN CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Reduce oversize, thus reducing cost/ton and increasing product recovery
- Optimize explosives usage to put the right amount of energy where it’s needed most
- Reduce over-drilling to reduce their overall drill & blast costs
- Increasing dig rates and mill throughput by closing the loop between blast design and blast outcomes
This role is accountable for:
- BLASTIQ adoption and expansion focussed on successful customer planning and implementation to deliver customer value and sustainable revenue and pull through business to the North American business
- Providing Training to internal and external customers relating to BLASTIQ
- Project manage, implement and provide ongoing support of BLASTIQ services at customer sites
- Assist the BLASTIQ product development team to continuously improve the BLASTIQ market offering based on an intimate understanding customer needs and the customer user environment. The role involves extensive travel to customer sites and regional Orica centres
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant tertiary qualification in engineering, science, technology or similar technical or services
background (mining context)
- Product introduction management experience
- Training development and delivery expertise, communications ability
- Minimum 5 years post graduate experience in a technically oriented discipline which has involved broad
- Ideally 3-5 years commercial or Product management experience or proven commercial orientation
- Experience in implementation of technologies
- Possess unquestioned reputation for integrity, ethics, personal values and solid character
- Very high customer focus
- Resilience and perseverance.
- Builds the trust of others both internally and externally
- Proven influencer able to manage processes across multiple stakeholder groups despite not having
- Passion for facilitating customer success
- Ability to inspire
- Ability to travel at required frequency, and spend significant time with customers
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend