ANE Plant Operator - Pippingarra
Job no: A012454
Work type: Fixed term contract
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
About The Role
This is a role for an experienced chemical plant operator at our Ammonium Nitrate Emulsion (ANE) located in the Pilbara. It is a FIFO from Perth position. The plant manufactures emulsions used in blasting within the Mining and Quarrying sectors. This is a 6 month contract role.
The ANE Plant operator will be expected to work autonomously and perform all of the production and administration required to enable the Chemical manufacturing plant to run at its optimum levels. There will also be a requirement to assist with plant maintenance tasks whilst maintaining particular emphasis and focus around adhering to all Orica Safety, Health and Environment guidelines.
This is a varied role where the ANE Plant Operator will be responsible for carrying out physical and labour intensive duties relating to production and maintenance and also administrative and computing duties relating to inventory, data and product management.
This position is on an FIFO 8 days on, 6 days off roster.
What you will bring
Previous exposure to a fixed plant operator role, preferably within chemical manufacturing.
- Previous operational exposure;
- Current and valid forklift licence (preferred);
- Ability to pass all relevant security checks;
- Trade background preferred but not essential;
- Ability to demonstrate strong adherence to Safe work practices;
- Intermediate computing skills (Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, SAP)
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend