Maintenance Technician - Helidon
Job no: A012414
Work type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
Orica’s Helidon site close to the city of Toowoomba plays a pivotal role in the entire company operation. The site consists of two manufacturing facilities, a non-electric detonator assembly plant and a shock tube extrusion plant. The site is equipped with advanced technologies and cutting-edge systems and instrumentation which enable us to achieve excellence in manufacturing these explosive products.
A vacancy exists for a Maintenance Technician to join the team at our Helidon Chemical Manufacturing Plant, reporting to the Helidon Site Supervisor. The key purpose of the role will be to provide professional maintenance support in order to achieve a safe and highly reliable plant, with minimum down time and efficient use of resources.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Hands on maintenance to ensure plant reliability and compliance.
- Improve procedures and documentation consistent with SH&E and Quality standards.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with demonstrated benefits via Plant Mod System
- Implement preventative, predictive and pro-active maintenance schedules
- Manage use of stores/spare.
- Efficiently and accurately perform breakdown maintenance, troubleshooting & support functions.
- Review equipment failure and implement necessary improvements
- Identify and maintain relationships with materials and service providers
- Support workgroups and ensure that maintenance activities are conducted in accordance with the maintenance procedures
- Ensure compliance with all Orica SH&E procedures & statutory requirements. Complete personal audits according to schedule
Experience, Skills and Qualifications required:
- Trade qualifications (Mechanical, Fitter and Turner or Motor Mechanic qualifications are preferable)
- Experience in maintaining chemical plant equipment, air operated equipment, pipe fitting and general maintenance tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Equipment and process plant design, operations and maintenance experience
- Exposure to root cause analysis techniques
- Good computer skills, maintenance database, SAP (or similar).
What we offer
To ensure that we attract and retain the best people we offer:
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
Competitive salary packages
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend