Shop Laborer - Galena, IL
Job no: A012159
Work type: Full time
Location: United States
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
This role will be responsible for performing daily routine Mobile Mixing Unit maintenance, remove unused materials from a shot, and also prepare the MMUs including the load of all bulk explosives, along with pulling and stacking the magazine for quick load out on the next day. Assist with any activities instructed by the Site Supervisor.
Safety, Health, Environment & Community
- Reload MMU’s and Van trucks upon return to magazine.
- Alerts management immediately about any safety concerns, illness, injuries or environmental incidents
- Participates in safety meetings and trainings regularly.
- Full understanding of all vehicle safety procedures.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment, wear and maintain all PPE according to manufacture recommendations.
- Learn and follow all SHEC requirements related to the job.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area at all times.
- Constantly review the workplace for hazards, which could leave to injury, illness or incident and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Address improper SHEC practices observed in co-workers including contractors.
- Look for opportunities to improve SHEC performance and actively participate in SHEC improvement activities.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements of the job and SHEC policies and procedures.
- 7Awareness of importance of safety procedures and potential consequences if procedures are not followed in proper sequence and within regulations.
- Experience in providing customer service and delivering quality results.
- Quarterly review of inventory tracking and waste materials.
Material Handling and Magazine Operations
- Operate trucks and placement for unloading at magazine sites.
- Ensure each magazine is clean before locking.
- Ability to accurately document inventory level.
- Analyze site inventory to minimize product quantities to improve site profitability and increase stock rotation.
Experience and Qualifications
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- CDL certification with Hazmat endorsement.
- Must be flexible to customer demands including scheduling and working around weather changes.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Considerate personality to adapt pleasantly in the presence of customers.
- Success in pro-actively working in a team environment to ensure efficient operations.
- Ability to prioritize various projects, ongoing daily tasks and high priority situations to maximize efficiency.
- Provide assistant to other team members on a daily basis.
Essential Skills and Physical Requirements:
- Efficiency Orientation
- Safety Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
- Lifting up to 60 pounds.
- Carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
- Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment.
- Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting.
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend