MMU Operator - Gibraltar, BC
Job no: A012098
Work type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
This role will create, support & lead a harmonious team and to deliver in a safe, efficient and environmentally conscious manner, a quality service for the manufacture and distribution of Bulk explosives to Orica customers. This person will also recognise and report opportunities to grow or develop business relationships at the customer sites.
The Gibraltar site is a DTH bulk operation (with blasting support) at an Open Cut metals mine and the MMU Operator shifts 7 day on/ 7 day off, 12 hours per day rotation. The Business requires planned and controlled Safety, Health, Environmentally Clean and operational practices, to ensure effective management in often difficult conditions.
The Plant MCU/MMU operator has day-to-day responsibilities for the production delivery of Bulk Emulsion, general plant and truck maintenance.
We will provide transportation from Williams Lake and Quesnel to the Gibraltar work site.
Experience and Qualifications
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Exposure to the mining and service environment a benefit.
- At least 2 years industry experience desirable.
- Minimum class 3 drivers licence.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Ability to work unsupervised and to ensure safe operation with uninterrupted production.
- People and good communication skills.
- Understands Company's SH&E Policy and standards.
- Understands and maintains business quality system.
- Understands company HR policies eg. Harassment, equal opportunity.
- Ability to clearly communicate and motivate oneself.
- Understands customer needs.
- Mechanical aptitude essential
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Concern for Standards
- Conceptual Thinking
- Customer Service Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Basic mathematics
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend