HR Business Partner - Gladstone
Job no: A012103
Work type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
About the role
We are currently searching for a talented HR Business Partner to join the team at our Yarwun Manufacturing facility in Gladstone.
The facility manufactures products which are used in Queensland mining operations as well as in the national and international mining industries. Orica has operated at Yarwun for over 25 years. We are committed to the health and safety of our employees and minimising the impact of our activities on the community and the environment.
The HR professional will play a vital role in partnering with and providing guidance to our Line Managers and employees on industrial/employee relations issues, training and development, performance management, workforce engagement and the execution of HR Policies and Procedures.
What you will be doing
- Supporting the business on all Industrial Relations legislation, relevant industrial agreements, awards, policies, procedures and provides consultative and operational HR support.
- Managing disputes and grievances as well as FWC matters.
- Partnering with business stakeholders to deliver HR initiatives that drive improved business outcomes, employee engagement and develop a high performing culture.
- Providing expert HR Generalist guidance and training including EEO matters, conducting investigations and making recommendations, HR documentation as required and supporting organisational planning and succession planning.
What you bring
- As a qualified HR professional, you will understand the business partnering model and the value add in delivering this relationship with your stakeholders.
- Sound understanding of HR policy, employment law and employee relations; you will demonstrate behaviours that are aligned with best practice and the Orica Charter values.
- You will be a confident problem solver and capable decision maker that will have strong communication skills to enable you to identity opportunities and ability to implement change with other stakeholders
- Qualifications in Human Resources or other related disciplines, or HR experience in a related role is essential.
- Demonstrated previous work experience in a similar role HR Generalist and/IR/ER; as well as working in a complex operating environment.
- A willingness to travel on occasion when required.
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend