Operations Administrator - Mackay
Job no: OAMACKAY
Work type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
We are currently searching for an experienced Administration Coordinator/PA to join the team in our Mackay offices.
Surrounded by a supportive and friendly team of professionals, the successful candidate will be charged with the responsibilities of supporting the Mackay site administration requirements along with supporting our various Bowen Basin operational site requirements.
The role will also be responsible for coordination and diary management of Orica’s Queensland Coal Area Business Manager.
This is a Monday-Friday full-time permanent opportunity.
- Provide front of house duties and administrative support to the Mackay office site;
- Develop & maintain relationships with key commercial, customer solutions, technical and operations personnel within Orica;
- Ensure systems and processes comply with all Orica, regulatory and customer safety, health & environment requirements;
- Coordinate office site safety compliance;
- Manage regional travel for the Mackay team (charter flights, domestic and international travel arrangements);
- Manage regional and remote housing requirements including liaison with appropriate Real Estate companies and Orica tenants;
- Manage purchasing and invoicing for the office and other regional sites.
Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years experience in a similar Administrative support/coordination role;
- Intermediate-advanced computing skills including Microsoft Suite and SAP;
- Ability to coordinate and manage cross functional groups;
- Ability to self-manage projects to completion;
- Ability to evaluate information to develop further processes and look for improvements;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organisational and coordination skills.
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend