CDL Driver - Templeton, MA
Job no: A012100
Work type: Full time
Location: United States
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role – Driver – Templeton, MA
This role will require Mobile Mixing Unit Driving/Operation as well as maintenance and upkeep of this equipment. You will operate plant and equipment to provide blasting products and services to customers. And to assist in providing a quality service of bulk explosives to customers in a safe and environmentally conscious manner at all times.
Safety, Health & Environment & Sustainability
- Follow SH&E program including JSERA’s, Emergency Plan, all other critical/core procedures as it relates to the MMU Operator/Driver at the site.
- Comply with Safety Charter and accidents, injuries, incident reporting procedures.
- Participate in safety meetings.
- Ensure site’s MMU and distribution equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow all SH&E and compliance activities including training database, OSHA, MSHA, DOT, BATFE, and state level licensing/regulations.
- Pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicles including checking and filling fluid levels
- Ability to safely hook up and unhook trailers.
- Knowledge of MMU operation as well as daily bench site activities.
- Possession of CDL License with hazmat endorsement and strong knowledge of DOT compliance.
Experience and Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience driving and/or handling materials.
- Requires Class B CDL; Hazmat and Tanker endorsements are preferred.
- Knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
- Good attention to detail and math skills to handle inventory on daily basis.
- Ability to prioritize various projects, ongoing daily tasks, and high priority situations to maximize efficiency
- Ability to pass a pre-employment/post offer background check, physical and drug
- Must have a clear MVR
- Efficiency Orientation
- Safety Awareness
- Analytical Thinking
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
- Lifting up to 60 pounds and carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment.
- Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots.
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend