Legal Counsel Orica International (9 months maternity cover)
Job no: A012044
Work type: Fixed term contract
Experience Level: Experienced
Day to day, the Legal Counsel will be providing high quality legal advice and support to the OIPL business and enable achievement of the 4S Project deliverables. This includes advice on existing and proposed commercial relationships; inter-company and third-party agreements (procurement contracts, software licenses, intra-group IP licenses and employee lease arrangements and international taxation). You will provide legal content for an online system for generating, amending and approving standard procurement and sales contracts – this will include standardisation of global templates for terms and conditions; and regulatory compliance (including explosives licensing).
The Legal Counsel will be accountable for delivering Code of Conduct, Anti-Trust and SCO training to all Singapore-based employees and, as required, on a global basis. You will assist with compiling and managing a register of all intellectual property rights managed by OIPL globally, and preparing reports on IP registrations.
Licencing and compliance is key to Orica’s business, and the Legal Counsel will assist with the monitoring of OIPL licences and key business practices and procedures, and ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and, where required, develop corrective policies and practices. This role organises and manages all necessary registrations and filings for OIPL, to ensure compliance with corporate statutory requirements and the filing requirements of the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority; the protection of intellectual property rights; and global compliance with relevant regulations, including in respect of explosives licensing and brokering.
- Bachelor of Law Degree
- Qualified to practice Law in Singapore
- Strong collaborating and influencing skills
- Minimum 4 years corporate/commercial practice in either a law firm or a corporate legal department
- Ability to manage a large volume of time-sensitive work and constantly re-evaluate and adjust priorities based on significance and time-sensitivity
- Ability to work cooperatively with lawyers, and commercial personnel, working in the Orica business in multiple jurisdictions to ensure that objectives are timely achieved
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend