Product Lead - Watkins, CO
Job no: A011948
Work type: Full time
Location: United States
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - A011948 – Initiating Systems (IS) and Electronic Blasting Systems (EBS) Product Lead - Watkins, CO
The Product Lead, reporting to the Senior Product Manager, is responsible for the profitability of the IS and EBS product category, including pricing, product positioning, branding, and product stewardship within North America.
Safety and Regulatory
- Role model effective Safety, Health and Environmental culture in all business interactions
- Ensure effective change control processes are in place and utilized for initiatives undertaken
- Ensure product stewardship principles are adhered to for all products, including the use of appropriate risk assessment and mitigation techniques via life cycle risk assessments
- Ensure all SH&E actions are completed as appropriate
- Interact and liaise with regulators as appropriate
- Arrange approvals for IS products within NA
- Participate in the management of IS incidents, including regulator, customer & internal communications
Commerical & Financial Performance
- Define pricing guidelines, approve contract pricing, collaborate with sales team to implement product pricing
- Develop strategies for all responsible product range, defining key initiatives to meet growth aspirations and capacity requirements
- Define value propositions and develop & maintain supporting sales documentation for responsible product range, ensuring that these are well integrated with other product offerings to form bundled offerings
- Ensure product SKUs are managed appropriately (appropriate balance of new/rationalized)
- Ensure input cost risk is appropriately mitigated through effective mechanisms or supplier alternatives
- Manage profitability for key product areas
- Manage product issues (including complaints)
- Assist in pricing policy development for North America including regional variation.
- Participates in and delivers the effective marketing of the IS / EBS products throughout NA. This role has full accountability for the profitability of these products lines within North America.
- In conjunction with the Product Manager carry out product management functions, including new product development, cost management, margin maintenance, price management, and the development of commercial mechanisms ensuring the above items are delivered.
- Reports to the IS & EBS Product Manager and is an integral part of the Marketing Team.
- Interacts with the NA executive team, Global and Regional Supply, Global and Regional Product Managers for Initiation Systems, as well as the Orica NA joint ventures and Orica NA Distributors.
- No Direct Reports
Experience and Qualifications
- Business, marketing, science, engineering or similar degree. MBA or similar post graduate management qualification preferable.
- 3-5 years relevant industrial and commercial experience. Commercial experience in similar business function.
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Influencing
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Results Orientation
- Commercial Focus
- Critical Information Seeking
- Customer Service Focus
- Strong project management skills
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend