Finance Lead - SCO Project
Job no: TBA
Work type: Fixed term contract
Experience Level: Executive
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
About the role
Orica is undergoing a major Supply Chain Optimisation (SCO) Project with a focus on implementing and executing a global regulatory and legal framework that will support a new business operating model.
Orica’s operating model utilises central global functions where there is significant leverage in executing centrally at the Group level. Our Singapore global hub is the base for many of our global functions including; Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Strategic Marketing & Technology.
Reporting through to the Project Director, the role of the Finance Lead will be to complete financial due diligence in respect of the business operating model changes and completing go-live readiness activities. The role will be responsible for reviewing, analysing and reporting financial information associated with the SCO project.
What you will be doing
- Planning, executing and reporting on financial models, spend maps and transfer pricing simulation.
- Supply chain review and analysis; key inputs and suppliers, title transfer points, supply contract valuations.
- Performing a commercial review of customer arrangements including existing contracts.
- Delivering high value advice by identifying issues, insights and productivity opportunities to the team, which enable pragmatic business change and align with the strategic direction of the business.
- Producing reports and presentations to senior stakeholders, including the CFO, Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Business partnering with other global group functions including; Supply Chain, Manufacturing and Strategic Marketing & Technology.
What you bring
- Broad knowledge and understanding of financial analysis and reporting, plant accounting and product costing.
- An understanding of Transfer Pricing concepts and methods.
- Ability to handle a complex database and produce a standard set of reports, as well as provide tailored information where needed.
- An ability to interact at all levels in an organisation and to work in a pressurised and deadline sensitive projects environment.
- Proven ability to establish projects and manage individual assignments effectively whilst also working collaboratively with a global team.
- Relevant Degree and professional Qualifications - CA, CMA, or CPA.
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend