Team Leader - Stockton
Job no: A011937
Work type: Full time
Location: New Zealand
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for the position of Team Leader at our Stockton site close to Westport in the South Island of New Zealand.
Reporting to the Site Supervisor you will be the key point of contact for the customer to deliver the required service level. Working on a Monday – Friday roster you will primarily be responsible for managing the blast crew, running a reload site, and operating all associated plant and equipment to ensure a safe and efficient service to our customer.
What you will be doing
- Ensure the safety and protection of other employees, customers, the public and the environment
- Ensure that personal skills and training are maintained to provide the operational requirements of the Orica team
- Assist in the coaching and mentoring of other employees training needs and requirements
- Manufacture bulk products and deliver the operational services to the volume, service type and quality specifications to satisfy client expectations
- Ensure that product and services meet agreed levels
- Ensure stock controls of bulk materials are conducted, checked and monitored daily
- Daily SAP entry and communication with the customer, Site Supervisor and Territory Manager
- Monitor plant performance and take corrective action where there may be a shortfall
- Managing fixed and mobile plant maintenance
- Be personally aware of, and ensure all employees are trained and comply with Orica SHES/customer Procedures and statutory regulations
- Supporting the Site Supervisor and Territory Manager with the management of fixed costs and identifying opportunities for improvement.
What you bring
- Minimum 5+ years as a Shotfirer
- Current NZ Class 4 Driving Licence with Dangerous Goods Endorsement (Preferred)
- Previous Drill and Blast supervisory experience (Preferred)
- An approved Handlers certificate and Controlled Substance Licence (Essential)
- A sublime safety record and commitment
- Strong spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong effective customer relationships and team leadership
- Intermediate computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel and SAP
- Incident management skills/training
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend