Ops Support Fitter - Kalgoorlie
Job no: A011272
Work type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
About the role
A vacancy currently exists within Orica’s Kalgoorlie and Goldfields Team for an Ops Support Fitter (Heavy Duty Mechanic).
In this mechanical support role, you will be responsible for providing technical support and maintenance of fixed and mobile plant, having a wide range of accountabilities focused on support of existing and new equipment on our Operations throughout the Kalgoorlie and the wider Goldfields Region.
This role will operate on an 8/6 roster basis and it is expected that the successful will reside in Kalgoorlie, WA.
What you will be doing
- General servicing of site equipment;
- Carry out Minor to Medium repairs on mobile and fixed plant;
- Support to third party repairers, site staff and engineering staff;
- Assist the Territory and Site Managers to manage a maintenance plan for the equipment at their site;
- Actively identify opportunities to streamline open cut processes;
- Continuous improvement providing feedback on design improvements to equipment;
- Participate in regular performance review discussions and coaching sessions;
- Ensuring own work practices and environment comply with SH&E standards;
- Ensure conformance to standards by ensuring equipment is safe to use;
- Provide front end engineering business support to the business;
- Make recommendations and apply corrective actions which improve equipment productivity and reliability.
What you will bring
- Trade Certificate (Diesel) mechanic;
- At least 5 years post trade experience;
- Unrestricted and unencumbered HR drivers Licence (essential);
- European vehicle maintenance experience - Volvo, Mercedes, MAN experience (desirable)
- Practical understanding of mechanical equipment & plant used in the transfer and handling of various products such as skid steer loaders and mobile augers;
- An understanding and experience with control theory and systems (including electrical, hydraulics, fiberoptic’s) as well as engineering processes;
- Forklift ticket (preferable);
- Strong safety focus;
- Excellent written and communication skills.
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend