US and Canada Environmental Specialist - Watkins, CO
Job no: A011116
Work type: Full time
Location: Canada, United States
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - US and Canada Environmental Specialist - Watkins, CO
Provide support, direction, training and leadership for Safety, Health, Environment and Security (SHE&S) activities for the US and Canada operations with a majority focus on Environmental compliance. Ensures the business and operations have appropriate Environmental expertise and competence. Monitor and guide business compliance against Orica-wide environmental strategies and regulatory requirements. Maintain relationships with key stakeholders in US and Canada (Federal, Provincial and State level).
• Pro-actively lead the company-wide Environment programs and compliance.
• Provide functional training, leadership, influence, focus and tracking to ensure an appropriate SHES culture throughout the US and Canada.
• Advocate and champion SHES values and behaviors at all levels of the organization.
• Develop, manage and communicate change in environmental improvement plans.
• Implement Group and Orica SHE initiatives
• Maintenance of SH&E culture, systems, and processes.
• Validate that operating sites comply with national, corporate, statutory, and Orica SH&E requirements.
Experience and Qualifications
• BS degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry or relevant field and or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in environmental-related field with strong safety focus.
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for Air, Water, Ground and Remediation process.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in matrix organization in two countries and US states and Canadian Provinces.
• Thorough knowledge of Canada and USA regulatory requirements.
• Strong communication skills for interaction with internal departments (Compliance, SC, Training, HR etc).
• Strong communication skills for interaction with external agencies (ERD, MOE, State & Fed EPA, etc).
• Ability to travel by airplane or car up to 50% within the United States and Canada.
What we offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend