Job no: 830519
Work type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
About the role
We are currently seeking applications from Experienced Shotfirers near Pinjarra, Western Australia. These roles will operate on a 5 day on, 2 days off Roster.
What you will be doing
As a Shotfirer you will be part of a team of professionals managing blasts on Orica's broad variety of customer Quarry sites. Each client will have varying technical challenges Technical expertise requiring your expertise, consultation and problem-solving skills to delivery. The customer sites you will services are located geographically at diverse locations within the region and the type of blasting services varies. Team Leadership while managing a shot in regards to direction and safety.
What you bring
- A current WA shotfiring licence
- Experience as a dual Shotfirer/Surveyor is highly preferred
- Excellent people and communications skills
- Ability to lead and motivate a blast crew
- Current HR driving license (preferable)
- Excellent customer service skills, a desire to achieve the best outcome for our customer every time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend