MMU Operator - Pinjarra
Job no: 830517
Work type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
About the role
Orica are currently seeking an experienced MMU Operator near Pinjarra, Western Australia. The successful candidates will operate Orica's Mobile Manufacturing Units (MMU's) along with all associated plant and equipment. These roles will operate on a 5 day on, 2 days off Roster.
What you will be doing
- Operating Orica MMUs
- Assisting with preventative maintenance through scheduled inspections, servicing and organising the timely repair of operated equipment.
- Assisting with the delivery of explosive products down pre- drilled holes on bench;
- Adhering to Orica’s and our customer site safety and other policies and procedures;
- Taking accountability for delivering outstanding results; and
- Interacting directly with the site to ensure smooth operations.
What you bring
- Exposure to operating Orica's MMU or other similar blast delivery vehicle.
- Participation in developing and implementing short term operational plans.
- An ability to complete administration duties, including daily master blast (SAP)
- Heavy Rigid (HR) manual drivers licence
- Commitment to operating and working in a safe workplace, and speaking up when you foresee potential risks.
What we offer
- The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organisation;
- Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialise or become a generalist;
- A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognised and encouraged;
- Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
- Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend