Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - A011100 - Blaster - Wise, NC
General and strategic management of explosives sales, fixed assets, and operations business at a customer’s location in the Southeast Region of Orica USA Inc. for optimum financial results and efficiency. Participation in the development and implementation of strategic plans to increase shareholder value in a safe, environmentally friendly and profitable manner.
• Directly supervise Blast crew of 2-6 people while on customer site.
• Customer Revenue up to $3M USD
• Manage fixed costs through efficiencies and time management.
• Manage all Orica equipment at customer location, up to 5 MMU’s and or 3 Delivery Units.
• Moderate physical stress and long hours often required.
• Required activities include sitting, walking, driving, bending, frequent use of hands and lifting of up to 55 lbs.
• Ability to manage stress resulting from the scheduling of customers, daily interactions with customers, and all daily required paperwork.
• Approximately 80% to 90% travel associated with position.
• Outdoor environment in all types of weather and terrain. Some office settings for paperwork and meetings.
• Responsible for all BATF, MSHA, OSHA and DOT regulations.
Experience and Qualifications
• High School Diploma.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in industry, experience with MMU operation.
• Sound knowledge of explosives market, regulatory issues, marketing and technical knowledge of blasting and explosives applications in the areas of mining, quarry, construction. Completion of Orica training and sign off by Technical, Operations and Traing Departments. MSHA part 48 trained. CDL license is a plus.
• Product and delivery equipment knowledge.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
What we offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages.