Class B CDL Driver - Salem, VA
Job no: A011101
Work type: Full time
Location: United States
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - A011101 - Class B CDL Driver - Salem, VA
This role will require Mobile Mixing Unit Driving/Operation as well as maintenance and upkeep of this equipment. You will operate plant and equipment to provide blasting products and services to customers. And to assist in providing a quality service of bulk explosives to customers in a safe and environmentally conscious manner at all times.
• Ensure the safety and protection of fellow employees, customers, the public and the environment by:
• Complying with the requirements of the Safety Charter
• Maintaining the Safety Culture by conducting all business activities with regard to the principles of Safety 2000
• Reporting all Unusual Incidents and Accidents
• Participating in Toolbox talks and in Monthly Safety Meetings
• Ensuring all emergency equipment and First Aid kits are complete
• Assisting in the management of Audit actions
• Ensuring minimum damage to the environment through waste minimisation and control
• To deliver the operational services to the volume, service type and quality specified by client expectations by:
• Ensuring compliance with operating procedures and standards
• Ensure raw materials are stored correctly, ensure correct accreditation signage is displayed, ensure all raw materials are correctly labelled
• Maintaining the culture of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction
• Notifying the Team Leader of any variations in product appearance or performance
• Find Valuable Solutions – We look for solutions that add value to our business and our customers
• To manufacture bulk products and deliver the operational services to the volume, service type and quality specified by marketing to satisfy EHM expectations by:
• Assisting the client in achieving targets and maintaining production and cost standards
• Maintaining operational partnerships with clients Employees
• Perform other ancillary duties including relief at other locations, consistent with level of competence as reasonably instructed by supervisor
• Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
• Lifting up to 60 pounds and carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
• Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment.
• Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots.
Experience and Qualifications
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• At least one year of experience driving and/or handling materials.
• Requires Class B CDL and Hazmat endorsement.
• Knowledgeable of DOT regulations.
• Ability to communicate and work in a team environment.
• Good attention to detail and math skills to handle inventory on daily basis.
• Ability to prioritize various projects, ongoing daily tasks, and high priority situations to maximize efficiency.
What we offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend