Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - A011102 - Senior Account Lead - Allentown, PA
Position is responsible for developing and maintaining Orica’s Commercial relationship with customers in the assigned Territory.
• Promotes company-wide and Regional SHES initiatives.
• Immediately reports any accidents, injuries or incidents and assists in investigations.
• Works closely with Operations and Technical personnel to maximize safety and promote quality, innovation, and efficiency.
• Works closely with Regional Manager as well as Operations and Technical personnel in the Territory to ensure Commercial offerings can be supported.
• Achieves the agreed upon objectives for Territory sales, contribution margin, market share, growth, and cash contribution by identifying valuable customer solutions and extracting the value for Orica.
• Prepares and manages sales budgets for the Territory.
• Supports Finance to meet reporting and analysis requirements.
• Works with Operations to drive the highest quality, productivity, and profitability through accurate incorporation of the resource model through the Territory.
• Prepares customer proposals while following Orica’s protocols (MQOMS, GQOMS, etc.) for Letters of Offer to customers.
• Manages customer contracts including rise and falls and other price adjustments.
• Builds and maintains strong customer relationships through consistent, professional communications and interactions.
• Analyzes customer profitability and manages the customer solution offering to maximize Orica’s financial outcomes.
• Develops and implements account plans and strategies to increase profitable growth and maximize value extraction.
• Assists in the development of human resource capabilities by providing mentoring and training as needed.
• Significant travel throughout the region by road and air.
• Remote, culturally diverse sites with limited communications systems/support.
• Typical office work setting and also outside in extreme ranges of climate and weather conditions.
• Periodic extended working hours.
• Frequent exposure to noisy, heavy equipment, hazardous materials and difficult terrain.
• Moderate physical stress and occasional long hours.
• Require activities include sitting, walking, reaching, bending, frequent use of hands and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
Experience and Qualifications
• BS/BA degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience and demonstrated achievements in sales or related field.
• Ability to develop customer relationships and effectively promote products.
• Preferred sound knowledge of the US mining, quarry, and construction markets, regulatory requirements, and applications of explosive products.
• Strong communication skills to motivate customers and co-workers.
• Computer literacy in standard PC and SAP software.
What we offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages.