Operations Team Lead - Porcupine, ON
Job no: A011082
Work type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - A011082 - Operations Team Lead - Porcupine, ON
Responsible for the direct management of site’s blasting personnel along with some sales representation by interacting with the customer on and off the bench. Oversee the Scheduling of the daily work activities for all Lead Blasters and Blasters in the respective area. Work with the Operations and Service Manager in managing the site’s shot service equipment including MMU’s, pickups, EBS equipment/software and blasting services’ programs. Ensuring that the company’s activities are conducted in a safe, professional, and sustainable behavior on and off customers’ sites.
• Moderate physical stress and long hours sometimes required.
• Primarily field settings in various types of weather, some office environment.
• Some projects may require travel outside of regional market area.
• Bending, sitting, lifting up to 55 lbs., frequent use of hands.
• Must be flexible to customer demands including work schedules and dealing with weather changes.
Experience and Qualifications
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Current required common core Training
• Recommended 5-7 years industry experience.
• Minimum 5 years blasting experience including demonstrated blasting talent in local market area geographic conditions.
• TDG License with Hazmat endorsement preferred.
• Good knowledge of explosives market, regulatory issues, understanding of site’s distribution activities and customer requirements.
• Computer skills including proficient use of SAP, Outlook and Lotus Notes. Excel spreadsheet experience is a plus.
What we offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend