Commercial Driver - Tumbler Ridge, British Columbia
Job no: A011081
Work type: Full time
Experience Level: Experienced
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunneling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
This role will require Mobile Mixing Unit Driving/Operation as well as maintenance and upkeep of this equipment. You will perate trucks and equipment to provide blasting products and services to customers and assists in providing a quality service of bulk explosives to customers in a safe and environmentally conscious manner at all times. This person will manufacture and deliver the operational services to the volume, service type and quality specified by client expectations.
Experience and Qualifications
High School diploma or equivalent.
Class 3 commercial driver license with air endorsement
4 years of operational support experience
• Solid interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals
• Solid project management and ability to manage multiple tasks within deadlines and act with minimal supervision
• Solid organizational and planning skills; attention to detail; productive without compromising quality
• Must be highly reliable and motivated to excel
• Passionate; self-motivated; engaging, personable
• Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather.
• Lifting up to 60 pounds and carrying 50 pounds or more of product or other materials.
• Pushing/Pulling in working with equipment. Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots.
What we offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend